MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

File size growing exponentially with each save

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David CabestanyFile size growing exponentially with each save
by on Apr 29, 2015 at 5:03:30 pm

Hello all,

I was wondering if someone would be kind enough to take a look at one file I'm working on which is increasingly taking longer to save, and getting bigger in the process. Last night it was 180mb in size and today I just checked and it's 642 mb, and at least in my opinion it's not too complex to warrant such a large size, so I wonder if I'm doing something wrong and also I'm worried that as I continue working on it it will eventually become unmanageable.

If anyone is interested/willing to check my file please let me know and I'll send you a wetransfer link for download, for the moment I wouldn't want to post it here.

Thanks for your help.
D.

Return to posts index

ronaldo montalvoRe: File size growing exponentially with each save
by on Apr 29, 2015 at 8:01:07 pm

there is a preference under FILES called "save polygons for melange". i found that this can progressively increase file size (and the time it takes to save files) the way you are describing. i think melange checkbox is only needed for exporting to certain non-c4d apps, not sure if AFX needs it. try und checking it and see if the problem persists.

Return to posts index

David CabestanyRe: File size growing exponentially with each save
by on Apr 29, 2015 at 8:18:50 pm

That was it, thanks a lot! I turned that on last time because Element 3D needs it and I forgot to turn it back off.

You saved my day man, thanks!

Return to posts index

David CabestanyRe: File size growing exponentially with each save
by on Nov 18, 2016 at 3:27:13 pm

Hello again,

Sorry for bringing an old thread back to life, but I'm again experiencing a large file size on an otherwise uncomplicated file, this time with "Save Polygons for Melange" turned off; still the file reached 2.11 gb and it's getting very slow sluggish.

Any pointers will be greatly appreciated.
D.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]