MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Mograph Cache for Normal Objects/Delay

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Aaron Pozzer
Mograph Cache for Normal Objects/Delay
on Apr 27, 2015 at 8:23:17 pm

so after spending a couple weeks animating my project, using plenty of delay effectors for nice bounciness, i got everything setup with cineware, rendered for 5 hrs, only to realize all my bounce was gone. google tells me that i need to use a Mograph Cache tag, so i started trying that.

I successfully added the tag to some motext, and it rendered properly thru cineware, however, how are you supposed to add it to the common "put your object in a fracture and add delay to it" situation? I tried caching the fracture, but that did nothing. I tried caching the objects that were actually animating INSIDE the fracture, but it wouldnt even let me bake. so i currently dont see how to cache delay motion that is applied to normal poly objects via a fracture object.

I had to leave the problem be for now, but wanted to inquire here because im sure its something simple that I dont yet know about cinema. perhaps a different kind of cache that will pick up motion from temporal effectors.

thanks!

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
Re: Mograph Cache for Normal Objects/Delay
on Apr 30, 2015 at 2:48:40 am

can you post a simple example of 'put your object in a fracture and add delay to it' that won't cache?

Return to posts index

Aaron Pozzer
on May 7, 2015 at 8:00:18 pm

Thanks for the reply Brian. sorry i havent been able to post back sooner, but I was away for a week. I just went to make a scene file to illustrate the issue, and of course, now it works. I dont know why this always happens. Stuff seems broken, then a day later or whatever it works. I tried applying the Mograph cache to the fracture object to bake in the spring delay on some rotating objects. It didnt work. Now it is... who knows.

However, it did make the file anyway to illustrate the point of adding delay (and baking it) to normal objects not in a mograph hierarchy. The cylinder/box object uses the fracture method which has always been the way iv seen people get delay onto non-mograph objects. You can see its been cached. The sphere/cone/box are just using a plain effector set to object, along with the delay set to object. it scrubs fine, but where/how do i cache it... cause i cant run the baking on either the plain or the delay, and baking each object individually seems wrong (there must be an easier way), and even if it WAS the only way, I cant find any other baking tag.

here is the file...
8818_baking.c4d.zip

thanks

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
on May 7, 2015 at 8:44:19 pm

MoGraph Cache only works on mograph objects - Cloner Object, MoText Object, Matrix Object, Fracture Object, MoInstance Object... You can put the sphere/cone/cube thing in a Fracture (using the effectors there rather than as deformers) and that gives the same result, is there some reason you can't use a Fracture?

Return to posts index

Aaron Pozzer
on May 7, 2015 at 8:48:26 pm

thanks again for the reply. ya, usually i do use a fracture. I cant remember why i had ended up in a situation where I used a grouping setup, but I did, so i thought I would bring it up.

So theres no way to bake motion inherited from a mograph effector onto a non mograph object? someone posted nitrobake and then deleted the post. I havent looked into that yet. but again, idealy one is not baking every single object, which is what im assuming the nitrobake solution would involve.

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
on May 7, 2015 at 11:05:11 pm

don't have NitroBake so I don't know about that.
Point Cache tag won't do it directly but will if the null with the objects is placed in a Connect then a Correction Deformer is placed in under the Connect (a solution for baking still objects and mograph that came up recently) but results in a single object with all your group in it. Or you can export the objects from the group as Alembic then reload them in - that gives three separate objects but they are alembics (kind of like an xref)
There may be other solutions but that's all I can think of at the moment.

Return to posts index

Aaron Pozzer
on May 8, 2015 at 4:53:07 pm

hmmm, both seem like pretty involved workarounds. Im surprised nothing simpler exists as it seems this must have come up many times before for people using mograph and cineware.

ill try the connect object thing and see how that works. realy i dont care what the solution is, as long as it works and doesnt take hours to implement.

thanks for the suggestions.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]