MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Children of fracture object disappear when turned off

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David CabestanyChildren of fracture object disappear when turned off
by on Apr 23, 2015 at 6:37:48 pm

I have a fracture object with a lot of objects inside, well over a thousand. Currently I have a multishader applied to each of the objects and a random effector so each of the objects gets a different color out of a pool of 6 or 7 colors.

It turns out each objects must have a specific color so I'm going to have to replace each material tag individually with the specific color.

The problem is I can't select the objects individually for as soon as I turn the fracture off all the objects disappear from the viewport, the only way to see them having the fracture on but then everything gets selected as a whole.

I tried a test project with a similar hierarchy (much less objects, though) and the objects were selectable and visible after I turned the fracture off, why is not like that with this other project?

Thanks in advance,
D.

Return to posts index

Adam TrachtenbergRe: Children of fracture object disappear when turned off
by on Apr 24, 2015 at 3:14:26 am

Hard to say without seeing the actual scene. What are the effectors doing?

Return to posts index

David CabestanyRe: Children of fracture object disappear when turned off
by on Apr 24, 2015 at 3:52:48 pm

Sigh, it turned out to be a hidden layer, wasn't planning on replying as to not reveal how stupid I am.
But now that I have your attention, perhaps you can help me figure out another thing?

How do I remove an object from a mograph selection tag? Not making the object invisible but rather take it out of the tag so it no longer be affected by the effectors related to that tag?

Thanks and sorry for the waste of time and detour.

D.

Return to posts index

Adam TrachtenbergRe: Children of fracture object disappear when turned off
by on Apr 24, 2015 at 5:27:39 pm

No problem -- glad you figured it out.

Regarding mograph selections, use the selection tool but hold down the command/control key to erase.

Return to posts index

David CabestanyRe: Children of fracture object disappear when turned off
by on Apr 24, 2015 at 5:45:43 pm

Thanks a lot Adam.

D.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]