MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Projection mapping questions (new to this)

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Thomas HendriksonProjection mapping questions (new to this)
by on Apr 22, 2015 at 1:54:11 pm

Hi there,

Not sure if i'm in the right place for this question but Ill just give it a shot.
I'm a student in the art academy and for an installation I want to map onto a cube (40cmx40cmx40cm), something I've never done before. I know how to use software like c4d and after effects but I don't exactly know how to accomplish the mapping itself. I want to project '360' so to say, the cube will be placed on the ground and I want people to be able to move around it. The projection will be an animatid 'wooden cube' (I'm working around digital vs reality).

I've been looking into mad mapper a bit and it seems quite handy with its different surfaces/layers you can add to the projection. I was thinking about using two projectors , one will project from the front on two sides of the cube and the second projector will be place higher on the other side of the cube so that it can project on to the top and the two sides that are facing towards this second projector. I think my question for now is should I make separate renders in c4d (in which i've made the animated cube) for each side and than use mad mapper and different surfaces to place them on the right places of the cube? What output format should use in c4d.. both size and format wise? And should I stretch the screen to full-size in after effect? I've seen this done in youtube tutorials.

Forgive me if I am posting in the wrong group.

Many thank in advance.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved