MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Cannot find rendered file!

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Timothy Puder
Cannot find rendered file!
on Apr 19, 2015 at 9:34:09 pm

Hello,

My name is Timothy. I am a college student. I was working in After Effects and found the link between c4d and AE, I thought c4d was cool so I started tinkering around. I decided to use c4d for my final project in an animation class.

I am not able to save my files. I can save a project, but when I render there is no option to output to a certain location, I cannot find where my rendered files are going either.

Help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
Re: Cannot find rendered file!
on Apr 20, 2015 at 3:46:36 am

rendered files go where they are set to go in the Save section of Render Settings - if nothing is entered in the File slot there (even if Save is checked) a file does not get saved (though a rendered image in the Picture Viewer can always be saved from the Picture Viewer/File menu as long as it remains there) - this all assumes you are rendering in the Picture Viewer not the Viewport - renders in the Viewport are just for testing/preview and can only be saved by taking a screenshot.

Return to posts index

Timothy Puder
on Apr 21, 2015 at 4:18:39 pm

Thanks for your response!

The problem is that there is not option to set a save path. Under the save options and output options there is no place to set a path or name the file. I can render and playback what I have rendered in C4d, but it does not go anywhere on my computer.

Return to posts index

Eelko Meester
on Sep 13, 2017 at 2:27:56 pm

Adobe After Effects uses Cinema 4D as a plug-in. It almost looks the same as the original program but some features are disabled. I found out that a lot of modeling (editing) tools are unavailable and you can't save rendered images to disk. You have to render in AE in order to save a rendering as a image file.

For students it's possible to get the full Cinema 4D program for free. See the Maxon website.
Other options are 3D studio MAX, also free for students or Blender which is free and open source.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]