MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Cannot find rendered file!

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Timothy PuderCannot find rendered file!
by on Apr 19, 2015 at 9:34:09 pm

My name is Timothy. I am a college student. I was working in After Effects and found the link between c4d and AE, I thought c4d was cool so I started tinkering around. I decided to use c4d for my final project in an animation class.

I am not able to save my files. I can save a project, but when I render there is no option to output to a certain location, I cannot find where my rendered files are going either.

Help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Return to posts index

Brian JonesRe: Cannot find rendered file!
by on Apr 20, 2015 at 3:46:36 am

rendered files go where they are set to go in the Save section of Render Settings - if nothing is entered in the File slot there (even if Save is checked) a file does not get saved (though a rendered image in the Picture Viewer can always be saved from the Picture Viewer/File menu as long as it remains there) - this all assumes you are rendering in the Picture Viewer not the Viewport - renders in the Viewport are just for testing/preview and can only be saved by taking a screenshot.

Return to posts index

Timothy PuderRe: Cannot find rendered file!
by on Apr 21, 2015 at 4:18:39 pm

Thanks for your response!

The problem is that there is not option to set a save path. Under the save options and output options there is no place to set a path or name the file. I can render and playback what I have rendered in C4d, but it does not go anywhere on my computer.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved