MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Problem with single obejct and hair.

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nikola SekeProblem with single obejct and hair.
by on Apr 18, 2015 at 4:29:31 pm

Hello everyone.
I have a problem and usually find solution on line but now I've hit dead end.
I created low poly tree with separated tree trunk and foliage and every object have displacer and twist effect. Now when I want to use hair and use tree as instance I must group the and convert as single object but when i do that I lose effects and colors of tree.

What am I missing?

Thanks for the help.

Return to posts index

Nikola SekeRe: Problem with single obejct and hair.
by on Apr 18, 2015 at 5:16:21 pm

I have manage to fix my problem with selecting children, press C to make editable and then select children again and connect and delete. Problem with texture is simple. Just under hair - generate-instance click keep texture.
Now I have different problem. When I render image I have some strange colors around tree.. I have deselect color under hair material but that didn't help. Any suggestions?

Return to posts index

Jeshua MauldinRe: Problem with single obejct and hair.
by on Mar 3, 2016 at 3:33:46 pm

Try this: Select your hair object > generate tab > deselect "render hairs". I think that should do it.

Hope that helps!

I'm currently trying to use a model I created of a wheat stalk as a hair instance and having all kinds of weird problems. When I place the model as an instance and hit render, everything in my viewport disappears and im left with what looks like a new/empty C4D file and it doesn't render. Everything comes back if I take the model out of instances.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved