MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Projection Mapping and UVW question.

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dustin BowserProjection Mapping and UVW question.
by on Apr 15, 2015 at 8:58:28 pm
Last Edited By Dustin Bowser on Apr 15, 2015 at 9:02:36 pm

I have a scene where I'm projection mapping a texture onto geometry I have added into the scene. When I use the camera projection mode on the Material tag, everything is fine, but I need the objects to be able to move and have the texture stick to where they are on the object. I know that you can use "Generate UVW" to have the texture stick, but the issue I'm running into is that I have manipulated the object and changed the shape of it, so when the UVW's are created everything gets distorted. Is there a way to have the UVWs generated exactly from the point of view from my projection camera, but then have those UVW's frozen?

I've been able to do a "frontal" mapping of the geo from the viewport of the Projection cam in the UV editor, which gets somewhat close, but there is still some distortion and also the texture is misaligned. I can move the UVW's and try to eyeball it back in position, but because the photo must be exactly precise for the geometry to align, I don't see that as a very good option.

Is there a way that I can have things looking exactly as they do with the Camera Projection mode, except have the UVs stick? Does this make sense?

Thanks for any help guys.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved