MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Problem with (all) splines in Cinema 4D R16

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jareb CoupeProblem with (all) splines in Cinema 4D R16
by on Apr 15, 2015 at 4:30:57 am

I'm having such a newb issue, and I can't find the solution anywhere out there or in here.

I cannot draw any splines. That is, when I choose any spline mode, click to add the first point in any ortho view, whenever I click to add a second point it simply moves the first point to that location. That was linear spline for example. For freehand, when I draw a shape, a new spline object appears in the Objects panel, but nothing appears on screen. Any shape I draw in freehand will trace out as I hold the button down, but then immediately disappears in the viewport when I let go. It may be worth noting that for a brief moment after releasing the mouse button, the mouse cursor turns into a corrupt, hazy blob. Before changing back to the mouse pointer.

It's funny, I don't recall having this issue in the past - but I don't use the program very often and only recently upgraded to R16 (from R14). In my shame, I've tried re-watching some of the original, basic tutorials about spline creation, and the process is simple. Just like drawing a spline in Illustrator.

Do have some mode or selection that is preventing me from doing this?

Intel 2700K
Dual GeForce 560

Return to posts index

Jareb CoupeRe: Problem with (all) splines in Cinema 4D R16
by on Apr 16, 2015 at 2:01:51 am

Probably a few laughs reading this.

The problem was the viewport filters; had splines disabled.

Return to posts index

Brian JonesRe: Problem with (all) splines in Cinema 4D R16
by on Apr 16, 2015 at 2:31:57 am

thanks for posting the solution

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved