MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Pwind: turbulence strength over particle life

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jonathan LutjensPwind: turbulence strength over particle life
by on Apr 14, 2015 at 4:39:10 pm

Hello all,
It's been awhile since I've posted to the Cow. I've spent the last day or so trying to find a solution online and haven't come across anything. I have a TP setup (creating smoke) and I'm using a Pwind node to add turbulence to the scene. Problem is, the turbulence begins affecting particles at the point of birth. I would like the turbulence to be delayed, or to gradually increase in strength as the particles age (I could also use other parameters such as size or Y position as they're rising).
Anyone have a suggestion?

Thanks for reading,

Jon

Return to posts index

Brian JonesRe: Pwind: turbulence strength over particle life
by on Apr 14, 2015 at 7:28:44 pm

you can keyframe the Strength and Turbulence in the PWind node to go from 0 to (whatever) over time

Return to posts index

Jonathan LutjensRe: Pwind: turbulence strength over particle life
by on Apr 14, 2015 at 7:35:39 pm

Thanks, Brian.
I had assumed that keyframing strength/turbulence would correlate to scene time, not particle life. Are you saying the node would apply those keyframed parameters to each particle's lifespan?

Return to posts index

Brian JonesRe: Pwind: turbulence strength over particle life
by on Apr 14, 2015 at 8:08:15 pm

ah sorry, age not time - not fully focused. Not sure in TP - perhaps make the turbulence (PWind) Mass Dependant 100% and decrease the particles mass over age - just tested and it works fine.

Return to posts index

Jonathan LutjensRe: Pwind: turbulence strength over particle life
by on Apr 14, 2015 at 8:19:23 pm

Cool. Thanks, Brian. That makes sense. I figured there would be a work-around like that; just been away from xpresso for awhile so I'm relearning all the tools.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]