MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Keep F-curves while editing keyframes

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jesse LarsonKeep F-curves while editing keyframes
by on Mar 26, 2015 at 4:21:46 pm

I've been searching for this for a couple days and can't find the answer. I might be asking the wrong question. A while ago I watched a c4d tutorial where I'm pretty sure the guy showed a way to keep f-curves constant even when you change a keyframe.

In my default settings, I can make a bunch of keyframes and then edit the f-curves. If, however I need to go back and edit a keyframe, it will reset the f-curve. I understand that the f-curve will need to adjust to a point to reflect the changed keyframe, but is there a way to keep the f-curve intact while I edit my keyframes?

Thanks for your help.

Jesse

Return to posts index

Brian JonesRe: Keep F-curves while editing keyframes
by on Mar 27, 2015 at 2:35:27 am

I'd have to see pictures to understand, how are you editing the keyframe? Just sliding up and down to change the value/left-right to change time? Changing the keyframe's handles?

Return to posts index

Jesse LarsonRe: Keep F-curves while editing keyframes
by on Mar 27, 2015 at 1:27:20 pm

In the picture I attached, the top left image would be my initial keyframes with the f-curve adjusted. Then in the top right I change the setting of a keyframe and in the bottom left, c4d automatically resets my f-curve to ease out.

I've adjusted setting just in the timeline and that doesn't reset the f-curve, but if I'm adjusting them anywhere else c4d will reset the curve. How can I get it to not do that?

Jesse

Return to posts index

Brian JonesRe: Keep F-curves while editing keyframes
by on Mar 28, 2015 at 1:40:35 am

what version of C4D are you using? What are your settings in Project/Key Interpolation?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]