MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Problem with overlapping materials

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Caue MarganelliProblem with overlapping materials
by on Mar 26, 2015 at 4:20:12 pm

Hi, Im new to Cinema 4d and I was trying to make a logo 3d. So I imported the 2d logo vector from illustrator (made it outline) and starting extruding. After doing the whole logo I added colors to it (simple materials and selecting colors mannually)
When i pre rendered it with the materials applied i saw that the colors were trying to overlap because some extrudes are "at the same level". Is there anyway that I can tell cinema 4d to predominate the color according to the objects order in my objects panel? I already tried to add each object to one layer and/or check the hierarquical box in the extrudes, but nothing changed and I don't even know what are this functions for.
I didn't want to do this whole logo again because it was freaking difficult, there's a lot of objects.
Please, i think that there must be a way to tell c4d to don't conflict this two or three colors that are trying to overlap.
Thank you for the attention

Screenshot 1: 8688_erro1.jpg.zip
Screenshot 2: 8689_erro2.jpg.zip

Return to posts index

Brian JonesRe: Problem with overlapping materials
by on Mar 26, 2015 at 11:27:14 pm

You will have to rebuild partially. As you say there are polys all at the same level. Probably you have to combine some of the splines rather than extrude every one of them individually. If you combine some of the splines ( the right way) there will be hole in the middle where the inner extrude can go without both being in the same place like now. I can send an example later but not at the moment.

Return to posts index

Brian JonesRe: Problem with overlapping materials
by on Mar 27, 2015 at 2:27:05 am

8691_extrudeswithholesexample.c4d.zip

Extrudes have the same rules as in AI etc. solid inside one spline then hole after it crosses two splines (solid after an odd number of splines, hole after even number of splines) But the splines have to be connected for that to work, either with Mesh/Conversions/Connect or Connect and Delete (which was Functions/Connect in older versions) or using the Connect object.

Return to posts index

Caue MarganelliRe: Problem with overlapping materials
by on Mar 27, 2015 at 6:34:07 pm

If anybody could help me I would appreciate! :D

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]