MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Tracer ONLY on Mograph Selection

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Aaron PozzerTracer ONLY on Mograph Selection
by on Mar 25, 2015 at 1:51:01 pm

I had a look on google, and a search on here, but I cant seem to find anything pertaining to this.

I currently have a tracer object connecting many many clones, and its set to Connect Elements. I then have a hair system which is using the tracer as its source/link. so this gives me 1 hair guide per clone, and this all works fine, but the problem is, in this situation, i dont want hundreds of hairs... a hair for every clone... id only like a few.

so i thought, is there someway to make a mograph selection and have the tracer connect ONLY those elements in the selction tag, rather than ALL the clone elements? there doesnt seem to be a way to do it on the surface, so im guessing if its at all possible it would be Xpresso.

If anyone has any ideas on how to do this (if its possible), it would be very helpful.

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Adam TrachtenbergRe: Tracer ONLY on Mograph Selection
by on Mar 25, 2015 at 11:00:35 pm

Depends on your exact setup, but I would probably have the tracer reference a duplicate cloner and then apply a random effector to the duplicate with the visibility parameter active. Only the visible clones will be traced.

Return to posts index

Aaron PozzerRe: Tracer ONLY on Mograph Selection
by on Mar 25, 2015 at 11:07:17 pm

hmmm, interesting. the problem is the random part of it. i need some degree of control over which clones get the tracer/hair, hence why i was wondering if it could be done with a specific selection. unless i can use the selection tag to somehow limit the random effector.

Return to posts index

Aaron PozzerRe: Tracer ONLY on Mograph Selection
by on Mar 25, 2015 at 11:36:31 pm

yup, that seems to do the trick. had to fiddle with it a bit, but i got it working. thanks for the suggestion.

Return to posts index

Brian JonesRe: Tracer ONLY on Mograph Selection
by on Mar 26, 2015 at 12:06:26 am

there is a good tut here for controlling the process http://www.thepixellab.net/c4d-tutorial-mograph-selection-deleting-individu...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]