MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Particle System or Cloner Objects

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Geoff WindosorParticle System or Cloner Objects
by on Mar 17, 2015 at 7:17:09 am

I'm a veteran of AE but I'm very new at C4D, so apologies about the basic nature of this question. Essentially, I'm trying to re-create this

and I'm unsure if I should be trying to set up a particle system via X-Particles/Thinking Particles, or setting up some sort of cloner object array. I'm wanting to keep each of the e coli bodies from intersecting (hard bodies I'm assuming) and was unsure if a particle system would allow per-particle collision detection (which is also why I'm not just using a basic particle system in AE). I was also planning on having to use some sort of turbulence or fractal displacement for the "pathways" the e coli take in their swimming. Basically, since I'm so new to the program I just wanted to get some direction as to where to look to start in my research. I guess in addition to this, is what I'm trying to make really advanced or does this seem manageable? As for the modeling/texturing, I'm planning on straight up using the default capsule shape and doing some flat toon rendering on it. Anyway, thanks in advance for any pointers as to what might be a good approach on it.

Return to posts index

Brian JonesRe: Particle System or Cloner Objects
by on Mar 17, 2015 at 8:33:41 pm

I'd have to guess (without testing) that a particle system would be the way to go, possibly Flocking with a number of 'flock leaders' just following splines maybe. Following a surface probably because that's what's happening in the video

Return to posts index

Geoff WindosorRe: Particle System or Cloner Objects
by on Mar 18, 2015 at 1:02:57 am

Good call on the flocking. I wasn't aware of that and it seems like a good route. Thanks for the pointer!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved