MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Texture from random video frame

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Aaron PozzerTexture from random video frame
by on Mar 16, 2015 at 10:32:13 pm

I've been reading around about various ways to do the whole image mosaic thing. Multishader is looking good, but one idea i had was having a video file and loading up a frame of that for each instance on the cloner. Or instead of a quicktime video or something, maybe just an image sequence. I know this is basically the same as the multishader, but clutter wise, its 1 file vs loading possibly hundreds of images into the multishader.

From what I've gathered, random frame isn't an on-the-surface option Cinema gives you, so im guessing it would need to be Xpresso, and I don't know Xpresso at all. I would image if you could call up the index # or mograph selection # of each clone, and then correspond that to a frame # in a video or image sequence, that would seem to be a good starting point.

Thats just off the top of my head. Im relatively new to Cinema, so I still dont really know all the ways it goes about doing things. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Return to posts index

Adam TrachtenbergRe: Texture from random video frame
by on Mar 17, 2015 at 7:08:38 pm

I would simply render the video out to frames in AE or the like and then load the images into a multishader using the folder option.

Return to posts index

Aaron PozzerRe: Texture from random video frame
by on Mar 17, 2015 at 7:50:52 pm

thanks for the response. yup, this is an option as i said in the original post, but i was wondering more from an 'is it possible' standpoint. being able to do it without loading 200 images into multishader would be alot cleaner.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved