MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Adventures of a newb MkII: Multipass and alpha channels.

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Martin PedrazaAdventures of a newb MkII: Multipass and alpha channels.
by on Mar 13, 2015 at 2:09:38 pm

Hello again!

I'm having a few issues, i can fix with object buffers, but i would like to know what the logic of cinema is, to avoid it in the future.

I have a simple lower third animation, and I decided to render it as a multipass psd, 32 bits, to stay organised. I also added three object buffers to the render.

However.

First of all, the psds are rendered without an alpha channel, so I see everything on a black background. I can fix this using the object buffers, but i gather the motion blur from the physical render will fudge things up. Also, none of the object buffers appear as layers on the psd file, but rather as channels. Is there a way I can use these channels in AE? Or are .psd renders intended for still images?

On the other hand, how can I get a multipass render to output an alpha channel, or with either straight or premultiplied transparency, anything I can use?

Return to posts index

Adam TrachtenbergRe: Adventures of a newb MkII: Multipass and alpha channels.
by on Mar 13, 2015 at 3:55:14 pm

I would recommend using multi-layer EXR as export if you're doing 32 bit renders.

Return to posts index

Martin PedrazaRe: Adventures of a newb MkII: Multipass and alpha channels.
by on Mar 13, 2015 at 5:19:06 pm

Can after effects handle multichanneled exrs? I remember nuke did, but i don't have it installed here.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]