MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Parallel enable and disable seen by reflection

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Subhrajit Mitra
Parallel enable and disable seen by reflection
on Mar 13, 2015 at 12:15:09 pm

Hi. I have a scene setup where a glass material is used with an object and reflective red, black material for other objects. On the other hand I have a plane with 120% illuminant material on top for the reflection purpose on the other objects. There are 2 more planes which are on the right and left side. Now I want reflection from the top plane onto the red and black object but not on glass object. Whereas I want reflection from other 2 other plans on all objects. Can I do that???

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
Re: Parallel enable and disable seen by reflection
on Mar 13, 2015 at 2:22:00 pm

check out this thread from a couple weeks ago https://forums.creativecow.net/thread/19/886816#886816
in addition I'll add that the Help for the compositing tag has a pretty good description with example images as well.

Return to posts index

Subhrajit Mitra
on Mar 13, 2015 at 5:38:05 pm

Thanks for the reply. But what I wanted to know that can be easily shown by the setup I made for you.
A, B are two objects and an illuminant material is used on plane and the disc which are on top of A, B. Now for A….. I want the reflection from plane but not from the disc. Again for B I want reflection from both at the same time. Can I do that?

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
on Mar 13, 2015 at 6:37:46 pm

yes... in your example above, put a compositing tag on the Disk object and drag the "A" object into the exclusion area of the Compositing tag. By default that will exclude the Disk from Refraction and Reflection in the A object. Those can be adjusted later with the little icons beside the A in the Exclude box. The Help has a better description of what the icons are for...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]