MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Getting Rid of Grainy Renders

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Richard WindsorGetting Rid of Grainy Renders
by on Mar 12, 2015 at 3:30:31 pm

I have a project I am almost done with but my renders are a bit grainy. I have my lighting the way I want it so I don't really want to change that. If I do a Physical render with the sampler quality set to high the grain is reasonable and not quite as distracting, but the render times are crazy.

Does anyone have any suggestion on how I can get rid of some of the grain. Any setting I can adjust under standard render settings. I am not using GI.

I have attached my project. If anyone can figure out what I need to fix. I can turn of blurriness in the settings and eliminate the grain but the leather texture becomes more wet then I would like. Would like no grain but with the leather looking as natural as possible.

Return to posts index

Brian JonesRe: Getting Rid of Grainy Renders
by on Mar 12, 2015 at 9:21:46 pm

the grain in the leather is caused by using Reflectance in that material. In Reflectance/Reflection/Layer Sampling (down at the bottom) increase Sampling Subdivision to something greater than 4 -- 7 often works as a pretty good value without killing speed too much

Return to posts index

Richard WindsorRe: Getting Rid of Grainy Renders
by on Mar 12, 2015 at 9:38:04 pm

Thanks for the advice but that does not seem to do anything. If anything it makes the texture look really bad. Any other suggestions?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved