MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Problem when scaling complex object

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Martin PedrazaProblem when scaling complex object
by on Mar 11, 2015 at 9:03:13 pm

Hi!

Ok, so i did a logo animation for a bumper, now I want to recycle that, and use it in a lower third animation. It's a somewhat complex object, with several extrusions, effectors, fractures, inside a null for convenience.

All I need to do is scale the damn thing down, to make it fit into something else.

However, whenever I scale the null, everything scales independently, not uniformly. It's as if everything inside the null is scaling according to its own anchor point and relative scale, rather than following the null. I'm at a loss, i really don't know where to start looking. Help!

Return to posts index

Brian JonesRe: Problem when scaling complex object
by on Mar 12, 2015 at 3:05:12 am

is Per-Object Manipulation turned on in the Scale tool's Object Axis tab?

Return to posts index

Martin PedrazaRe: Problem when scaling complex object
by on Mar 12, 2015 at 1:41:27 pm
Last Edited By Martin Pedraza on Mar 12, 2015 at 2:01:01 pm

It isn't. It doesn't work either way. I wonder what's going on.

By the way, is this default behavior by cinema? Why would i want for nested objects to not follow the null? That's the whole point of the null.

Return to posts index

by on Mar 12, 2015 at 2:38:55 pm

the only way I know to get things in a null to scale all around their own axis (when scaling the parent null) is to use the numeric entries in the Coordinate Manager. You could get around that by scaling in the Null's Coord tab instead. Or by scaling the logo in project/project scale before you copy/paste/merge... If it's happening when you are using the Scale Tool I have no idea what's going on.

Return to posts index

by on Mar 12, 2015 at 2:43:48 pm

Me neither. It does it whether i do numerical imputs, whether i drag the scale with the scaling tool... it just won't cooperate. I solved it by scaling everytihng around it, but since it's humongous, and i will need to use it for a bazillion applications, this worries me.
If I upload the project may it help? Thanks in advance!

Return to posts index

by on Mar 12, 2015 at 2:48:41 pm

it would be interesting to look at and try and figure out why it's behaving that way

Return to posts index

by on Mar 12, 2015 at 2:52:45 pm

Here we go.

http://we.tl/foQcyrRwBf

Thanks a lot, by the way. If we can figure this out the future will be a lot less ghastly. Ha!

Return to posts index

by on Mar 12, 2015 at 8:28:19 pm

the 'cocineros' text spline is the only thing moving oddly for me when scaling - I was going to try and make it individual editable splines like the 'Argentinos' text but I don't seem to have the font you are using activated (or have it at all maybe) so I'm not getting anywhere with that. What font is Cocineros really? Otherwise it looks like it's behaving like it should.

Return to posts index

by on Mar 12, 2015 at 10:29:36 pm

Yeah, I noticed that too. It's just that object. I don't have the font, we just had the curves, since it's work from another agency. Maybe I'll just scale everything else and redo that object, and see if it behaves correctly, or move it separately. That should cut some work off it.

A redo will probably fix it, there are probably a lot of noobie mistakes in the mesh, it's the first thing i've ever done.

Thanks a lot for your time! I love the cow.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]