MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Bind command only binding part of the mesh to joints

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Melissa AbernathyBind command only binding part of the mesh to joints
by on Mar 11, 2015 at 6:44:31 am

I have a shark character that was rigged and ready to go. Then the shark needed a shirt. I modeled the shirt and attempted to add it as a child of the shark, which didn't work, of course. I then merged the shirt with the shark so that it is one object, but that didn't work with the shark's rig. I tried the CopyPastePolys plugin, which pasted the shirt's polys onto the shark perfectly, but the shirt still was not part of the binding. Finally, I deleted the joints, merged the shirt and shark into one object, and started from scratch with the joints. The shirt is still not bound. The only thing I can think of now is that the shirt and shark are one object, but they are not connected. The shark, shirt, collar, button strips and buttons are all separate polygon groups. I'm hoping this is not the case because they work best visually as they are, and connecting will be a hassle.

Any ideas? 99% of my 3D work is objects, not characters, so I'm just using the joint tool from the Characters menu because I haven't mastered the Characters tool. I'm currently working in Studio R16.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved