MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Backgrounds in cinema 4d

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Syed IqbalBackgrounds in cinema 4d
by on Mar 6, 2015 at 10:12:38 am

Dear friends
Can someone give me an advice on the use of background elements like the ones used in this video of Tim Clapham.

Even though entire animation is cool but I am curious to know the techniques that can be used to create of background in the same manner as Tim has used this awesome dotted kind of background in his animation. The cool thing is that the background does not seem to be a flat non moving or stagnant object, instead it seems it also moves along with camera moves besides foreground elements. (honestly i thought of using Sky object with an animated material but could not figure it out)

I have searched a lot on this specific subject but it seems most tutorials talk about foreground elements but not about this kind of background effect.

Please give some nice advice on this and if you know about any such tutorial please share the link.

Your help will be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Return to posts index

Jake Nelson-DooleyRe: Backgrounds in cinema 4d
by on Mar 6, 2015 at 7:19:31 pm

To me it looks like an animated texture that's applied to a plane. Check out this result for "After Effects halftone dots":

You could position the plane way back along the z-axis so that it moves with everything else, but slightly less than the mid-ground and foreground objects.

Return to posts index

Syed IqbalRe: Backgrounds in cinema 4d
by on Mar 6, 2015 at 7:54:12 pm

Thanks Jake but I am less concerned about the technique to create the half-tone pattern. What I am more interested in is the placement of various elements which have enveloped the core 3d elements, like ribbon, dotted pattern and even the colors. Is it a result of using sky object with animated texture applied on it?

Return to posts index

Jake Nelson-DooleyRe: Backgrounds in cinema 4d
by on Mar 7, 2015 at 3:00:38 am

Doesn't look like a sky object to me, could be wrong of course!

If I were recreating this, I'd drop the texture on a plane or sphere, or sweep nurbs for the ribbon (duplicated in transparency channel) and position it in the background.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved