MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Dissable reflections partially

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Cristi DinuDissable reflections partially
by on Mar 3, 2015 at 3:06:41 pm

Hello everybody,

Been fidgeting with Cinema 4D for a few days and I've been modelling two spinning dices on cylinders sitting at a relative distance as a practice run. Now, I've applied a reflective metallic texture on the cylinder to be able to have a reflection from the above dice but after a quick render, I saw that the other dice and cylinder was reflecting into the first cylinder as well. How can I maintain the reflection for the object above but stop it for the ones in vicinity?

Return to posts index

Adam TrachtenbergRe: Dissable reflections partially
by on Mar 3, 2015 at 4:47:21 pm

Add compositing tags to the objects that you do not want to appear in reflections. Go to the tag's Exclusion tab and drag the reflective objects into the link box.

Return to posts index

Cristi DinuRe: Dissable reflections partially
by on Mar 4, 2015 at 9:48:39 am

Thank for the quick reply.

Still getting used around the Cinema 4D interface so I wasn't able to locate the Exclusion tab you are mentioning. Is that present in the attribute manager of each individual object?

Return to posts index

Adam TrachtenbergRe: Dissable reflections partially
by on Mar 4, 2015 at 11:06:49 pm

First you need to add the compositing tag to your objects -- the one's you want to exclude. Then click on the tags and look at the attributes manager. Exclusion is one of the tabs at the top.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]