MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Problem with Display tag

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jack CookProblem with Display tag
by on Feb 27, 2015 at 8:51:14 pm

OK, I'm having a problem using the Display tag on an object to animate it's visibility. Now I've done this many, many times before by keyframing the percentage in the Visibility of the Display tag and it has always worked. But now it simply won't work. I want one object to appear over a short time, and another to disappear. So I checked "Use Visibility" in the tag, moved to the time for it to begin appearing and put 0% and set a keyframe then advanced the time and put in 100% and set a keyframe. I did this also with the second object, going from 100% to 0%, keyframed. In the Timeline if I look at the keys they read the proper percentages of visibility, but if I move to the keyframes and look at the tag in the object manager the percentage of the second keyframe is indicated at both times, and the object is either visible or invisible in the editor and the render. I've been doing this a long time and I've never had this problem before. Does anyone know what might be happening here?

thanks, Jack

Return to posts index

Jack CookRe: Problem with Display tag
by on Mar 2, 2015 at 7:30:09 pm

Well, I think I may have fixed the problem. I don't know exactly what was causing it, but I opened the scene, copied all the objects in the Object Manager and pasted them into an empty scene. The new scene had many fewer materials in it than the old scene, so there were a lot of unused materials in it, and possibly duplicates as well. It's possible that one of those (or more) might have been corrupted and caused malfunctions in the scene. The new scene with fewer works just fine.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved