MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Resetting expresso flipflops at start of animation

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alan Lacey
Resetting expresso flipflops at start of animation
on Feb 27, 2015 at 8:16:44 pm

I'm having problems with inconsistancy with both the monoflop and flipflop in expresso using c4d R13.5

These don't appear to rest themselves when the timeline pointer returns to frame 1 leading to inconsistent renders. Is there a standard method of setting these to 0 at frame 1.

I think this reflects my ignorance of the expresso tag settings. What's the difference between these. eg initial, expression, etc etc.

Many thanks

Alan

XdcamEx & HD, C300, DSLRs, all sorts of production & post gear and a very untidy desk. On the East Coast of the UK

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
Re: Resetting expresso flipflops at start of animation
on Feb 27, 2015 at 8:43:17 pm

[Alan Lacey] "What's the difference between these. eg initial, expression, etc etc."

that won't help - those are for when the express gets evaluated at, before or after Generators get evaluated is usually most important.

The usual way (for me) to reset on frame 1 (or frame 0) is to put in Time, Compare and Condition nodes and pass the current frame from Time to the Compare which actives the Condition to reset (whatever) when the frame = (x)

Return to posts index

Alan Lacey
Re: Resetting expresso flipflops at start of animation
on Feb 27, 2015 at 9:08:52 pm

Thanks Brian, it is very confusing. I did manage to solve this problem by just worrying away at it the way you suggested but didn't feel I got a good understanding.

Originally I managed to get myself in a position where the previews showed the animation as I needed it but when I rendered it out it went to pot.

Alan

XdcamEx & HD, C300, DSLRs, all sorts of production & post gear and a very untidy desk. On the East Coast of the UK

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]