MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Kink in Dynamic Spline

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael JosefikKink in Dynamic Spline
by on Feb 26, 2015 at 5:51:54 am

I am trying to get a dynamic spline to be a fuse coming out of a charge box that is animating with a bulge. The spline end is constrained to a null that is constrained to the surface of the charge box. Things look like they should be working, but it looks like there is a mystery force putting a kink in the line.

This is the best approach I have tried yet, but I am open to other ideas if I am just going about this all wrong.

Here is a file:

Originally I had the spline constrained directly to the box, but I could only set it to the origin which is what I thought was causing the issues. But this new solution is getting the same kink.

Thanks in advance for any insights.

Return to posts index

Brian JonesRe: Kink in Dynamic Spline
by on Feb 26, 2015 at 10:03:35 pm

I can get the spline to constrain to the box ok, which works better than the Null. I think, based on the manual description, the null won't work as the hair constraint is looking for geometry to attach to. The problem I have is the collision with the box/spline as the box expands, it passes right through the fuze every time and adjusting the collision settings isn't getting it done for me. This test file has the top Constraint releasing (keyframed the Influence setting) to try and let the spline release before the box expands but still not there...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved