MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

GI Animation Flickering

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joseph LatheyGI Animation Flickering
by on Feb 24, 2015 at 12:07:45 pm

Hi all,

I've scoured every forum and tried many many different settings. I just can't get this to render without flickering! Attached is a low res render of the problem I have. Project file is there too.

If I crack up the settings, I can reduce the flicker, but it's always there unless I crank them up so high I get ridiculous render time.

Using R16. Thanks in advance for any help and suggestions. I've been at this for hours!

Return to posts index

Brian JonesRe: GI Animation Flickering
by on Feb 24, 2015 at 9:27:05 pm

in all of your Luminant materials (the Softbox textures) go to the Illumination tab and check GI Area Light. Do not use Irradiance Cache (Legacy) use Irradiance Cache - I see pretty good results with your file if I set it to Interior High - turn Gamma up to 1.8 to match your brightness and Samples to High.
Check the manual - C4D Prime/Render Menu/Edit Render Settings/Global Illumination/Tips and Tricks at the bottom is stuff on animation. The first words on GI and Animation are "GI and animations are technically challenging. If a single image takes a long time to render using GI, then rendering an animation with a series of these images will require very long render times. In addition, Irradiance Cache tends to flicker if its settings are set too low."... they do have good hints about things that help.

Return to posts index

Joseph LatheyRe: GI Animation Flickering
by on Feb 25, 2015 at 8:07:56 am

Thank you Brian, this was extremely helpful! I can't thank you enough! Would it be advisable to turn off GI for an animation and use alternative lighting instead?

Thanks again!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved