MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

c4d to AE external compositing

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
ben schlanzc4d to AE external compositing
by on Feb 22, 2015 at 4:06:36 pm

hi Guys! I am searching for a solution to this since hours.

I have 3 Objects in my C4D-File (They or not moving themselves), that have an external compositing tag, and a Morph-Kamera-Animation.

Everything works fine, but when i load the stuff into After Effects my 3 Objects are stuck at 0,0,0 and don´t have any keyframes on them.

I figure that the problem could be, that my objects in C4D also always show 0,0,0 in the coordinates, although thats not true. Changing to world and object system forth and back won´t help either.

Tried it with AEcs6 and AECC+Cineware.

My scene file is attached, maybe you guys can help me.

Return to posts index

Cassius MarquesRe: c4d to AE external compositing
by on Feb 23, 2015 at 8:24:52 pm

I think you're getting things all wrong. If your objects are not animated, they shouldn't have any keyframe animation in AE.

IF you have an animated camera, your camera within AE should have keyframe animation.

Your objects center (in your file) are at the world origin (0,0,0) thats why you are seeing them in AE at 0,0,0 also. If you want the external composition tag to be where, lets say, a polygon face is, you'll need to align your object center to that face.

Return to posts index

ben schlanzRe: c4d to AE external compositing
by on Feb 23, 2015 at 10:07:41 pm

thank you so much! i always tried to use the "center" tool but never found the axis tool to center the axis!

Know it works perfectly!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved