MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Multishader flickering problem

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark Melchiorre Jr.Multishader flickering problem
by on Feb 20, 2015 at 5:03:49 pm

Have a video wall using a multishader (with videos) to create a mosaic of a still image. The videos are all headshots of different people saying the same quote. Im guessing because of how the multitshader works on the average color mode when creating a mosaic, is that its treating every frame of the videos as a different image, and then calculates which shader would be best match and then chooses that one..
I'm experiencing some flickering happening with a few of the videos where people are shifting around a little bit. It shifts from one video to another and then back..

Does anyone know how to stop this from happening. Like is there a way to lock the multishader texture to the cloner without it continually analyzing every frame of the video. or maybe just taking a specific frame and then making the cloner/multishader editable where it will apply the corresponding shader to the object

make sense?

thanks for your help in advance!

Return to posts index

Adam TrachtenbergRe: Multishader flickering problem
by on Feb 21, 2015 at 1:25:11 am

How are you distributing the multishader channels on your clone? Random effector? Or are you using the index ratio setting in the multishader itself? The latter should fix the problem. Or if you're using the randome effector, set the random method to sorted.

Return to posts index

Mark Melchiorre Jr.Re: Multishader flickering problem
by on Feb 21, 2015 at 2:14:46 am

I'm using the multishader to make a mosaic of a still image. So I'm using the average color mode on the multishader.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved