MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Error opening dwg files

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
thomas hubbaError opening dwg files
by on Feb 18, 2015 at 4:20:50 pm

I'd love DoubleCAD if I could open DWG files with it :)

So far I could open only a few drawings, quite small and simple ones. It failed to open all the larger ones. All of them were made using AutoCAD 2007/2008/2009. First I thought maybe the problem is that they contain 3D models, but I tried a lot which surely don't and it didn't work.

It either gives a message that DoubleCAD failed to open the drawing or it brakes like this: "DoubleCAD(tm) for Windows Application has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.". Pffff

I just activated it, thinking maybe that'll help, but no.
I'm using Win XP prof x64... is that possibly the problem?

I'd gladly use this software, 'cause it's great. Please help! THANX!!

Return to posts index

Rodolfo CunhaRe: Error opening dwg files
by on Feb 23, 2015 at 8:56:47 pm

Try to save the CAD file with r14 version. Another important think is close the CAD application before open In C4d.This steps work fine for me. Lucky!

Return to posts index

Rober CraigRe: Error opening dwg files
by on Feb 25, 2015 at 7:44:57 am

Would it be possible for you to let us see any of the files to get a feel for what is causing you problems? Any files that don't open that we can put in the hands of our development team can help them resolve the problems. If you can't share any of them (even privately rather than on the forum) can you describe them to us -- what application created them and was the last to save them in .dwg format; are they solid models, surface models, 2D plans; are they all > xxx number of layers or use special plugins... ? Any of that information could really help us.

Or try:
DWG Repair Kit
This professional AutoCAD DWG repair tool features a uniquely efficient data analysis core and an interface that both professionals and novices with appreciate. The program will show you how to repair DWG files online in seconds even if you have never worked with data recovery tools of any sort!
For more information:

Also look here:

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved