MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Team Render - Adding machine during render

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brian MurphyTeam Render - Adding machine during render
by on Feb 17, 2015 at 5:07:11 pm

Hi all, can't seem to find an answer for this but should be a common question...

If I have several machines set up on Team Render that are currently rendering and I add another in the middle of the rendering process, how do I get TR to utilize that newly added machine for the current ongoing render? TR on the new machine continues to have the green dot and no updates in the console.

It only seems to work if I start a new job.

Return to posts index

Tim VaughanRe: Team Render - Adding machine during render
by on Feb 18, 2015 at 1:36:25 pm

You would have to stop the render and then restart it. As long as you don't remove it from the queue, it shouldn't start over but rather from where it last was. Be careful though, as any change could topple the house of cards and it'll start from frame 0 all over again....

Apple XRAID, XServe, 2008 2x3 GHz Quad-Core MacPro, Macbook Pro, XSAN, Dell Studio xps PC's
FCP Studio (7), AVID Media Composer, Adobe Production Premium, Maxon Cinema 4d, AJA Kona 3, Flanders Scientific Monitors, Panasonic HPX250's, Kessler Crane, Glidecam.....
Beer fridge fully loaded.

Return to posts index

Brian MurphyRe: Team Render - Adding machine during render
by on Feb 19, 2015 at 12:38:52 am

Thanks for the response, Tim - unfortunately, that's the only conclusion I've come to as well...I'm REALLY surprised at Maxon for not implementing such a common sense feature to Team Render, especially considering it's a couple versions under the belt.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved