MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

New to C4d

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Syed IqbalNew to C4d
by on Feb 13, 2015 at 6:49:41 pm

Hi friends
I have slightly different question that seems to be very simple but I am struggling hard to get an answer to this. I want to make some additions to my existing portfolio of motion graphics and video editing that has mainly 2d animation / after effects examples. I want to improve it by adding few c4d animations. Advise please where could I get these ideas from to create a few small animations that could be added to my portfolio. The purpose of doing this exercise is to let my potential buyers know that my skills also cover 3d animations to some extent.

I hope you guys know what I am trying to explain.

Return to posts index

James HernandezRe: New to C4d
by on Feb 14, 2015 at 3:56:57 am
Last Edited By James Hernandez on Feb 14, 2015 at 3:58:52 am

You can actually show your clients two skills in one project. And by that I mean, instead of just messing with any 3D models, show them that you can take any 2D image or logo and make into a stunning 3D logo.

I have a file titled "Troubleshooting - Work Notes" where I track my work and keep notes on any problem I've solved or work I've done. Hopefully my notes can help you here:

Turn 2D png into 3D model in Cinema 4D
Open .png in Photoshope CS6
Right Click on thumbnail preview in the "Layer" on workbar
Choose "Select Pixels" (You may have to use the Pen tool here to smooth out edges, or use other tricks to get the right curves)
Right Click on highlighted area (Or open "Paths" window and click on upper-right corner)
Choose "Make Work Path"
Go to File up top
Choose "Export" - "Paths to Illustrator"
Place each path into an "Extrude"
Click on Path - then raise up from 20 to....

I have a video on YouTube that shows a few examples of 2D images I turned into 3D models if you want to see some examples:

Let me know if you need any other ideas...

Return to posts index

Syed IqbalRe: New to C4d
by on Feb 14, 2015 at 2:20:46 pm

Thanks for sharing it.

Return to posts index

Syed IqbalRe: New to C4d
by on Mar 31, 2016 at 5:12:35 pm

James, you gave me some really nice suggestions. Is there any way I can discuss with you a C4d project some time? If you don't mind, please send me your Skype contact by sending a message to my Skype id syed_71

I am sure this will help a lot.

Return to posts index

Josh DekayRe: New to C4d
by on Mar 3, 2015 at 1:11:56 am

How about a spinning logo? Just kidding.

This is a very personal question and depends on your skill and interests. You may want to simply look around you for inspiration, it's everywhere and if you do a good job nearly anything can look impressive.

How about a still life setup?

A fruit bowl?
A tooth brush?
Some headphones?
A beer bottle?
Something in nature? A plant?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved