MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Adding plain effector to a cloner with dynamics

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Victor Camacho GuerreroAdding plain effector to a cloner with dynamics
by on Feb 10, 2015 at 4:51:14 pm

Hello,

The idea is to create a pile of potatoes ( http://thumbs.dreamstime.com/x/pile-potatoes-14699244.jpg) and they are animated from the bottom , using a plain effector.

I have a cloner on Object mode, based on a landscape object. The distributon is on Volume. The volume mode is on surface. I can use a plain effector and all good. But they potatoes are intersecting.

For that I did ( I copy from Creative Cow forum) :
"* clone onto your object;

* give the cloner and object mograph rigid body tags;

* set mograph's gravity to 0 (under project settings);

* in the cloner's rigid body tag, turn on Force>Follow Animation>Position And Rotation.

When you hit the play button, overlapping objects will separate. Then you can make the cloner editable to keep the clones from moving around."

Even If I can have the potatoes not intersecting, I cannot use the plan effector anymore, to bring them back one by one.

Many thanks!

Return to posts index

Cassius MarquesRe: Adding plain effector to a cloner with dynamics
by on Feb 10, 2015 at 7:11:53 pm

When you make it editable, put everything inside a fracture object and it will work with every effector

Return to posts index

Adam TrachtenbergRe: Adding plain effector to a cloner with dynamics
by on Feb 11, 2015 at 4:54:01 am

You can probably keep your objects in the cloner. You just need to go into the dynamics tag's Force tab and set "follow position" to a relatively high position (like 10 or higher). That allows mograph to have control over the clone's position while dynamics still maintains collision detection.

Return to posts index

Victor Camacho GuerreroRe: Adding plain effector to a cloner with dynamics
by on Feb 12, 2015 at 10:52:35 am

Hey guys thanks for the reply.

Cassius, when I do editable the the cloner, in my case, only leaves one object then put the rest as instances. Weird. Then if I apply it as you said, the Plain effector transition see the whole cloner as one huge block, then it does not animate one by one the objects.

Adam, I am not sure what you mean, in theory having dynamics stop you to use mograph effectors in the cloners right?

Many thanks

Return to posts index

Cassius MarquesRe: Adding plain effector to a cloner with dynamics
by on Feb 12, 2015 at 7:48:25 pm

You can either pull them out of the group null or change the fracture's object mode to "explode segments & connect"

Return to posts index

Victor Camacho GuerreroRe: Adding plain effector to a cloner with dynamics
by on Feb 13, 2015 at 9:43:59 am

Yes I found the way, awesome,

many thanks

Return to posts index

Temel YaşarRe: Adding plain effector to a cloner with dynamics
by on Jun 8, 2016 at 5:18:02 pm

Thank you. This solved my problem involving using effectors and dynamics together. I could have never guessed this.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]