MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Adding plain effector to a cloner with dynamics

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Victor Camacho Guerrero
Adding plain effector to a cloner with dynamics
on Feb 10, 2015 at 4:51:14 pm

Hello,

The idea is to create a pile of potatoes ( http://thumbs.dreamstime.com/x/pile-potatoes-14699244.jpg) and they are animated from the bottom , using a plain effector.

I have a cloner on Object mode, based on a landscape object. The distributon is on Volume. The volume mode is on surface. I can use a plain effector and all good. But they potatoes are intersecting.

For that I did ( I copy from Creative Cow forum) :
"* clone onto your object;

* give the cloner and object mograph rigid body tags;

* set mograph's gravity to 0 (under project settings);

* in the cloner's rigid body tag, turn on Force>Follow Animation>Position And Rotation.

When you hit the play button, overlapping objects will separate. Then you can make the cloner editable to keep the clones from moving around."

Even If I can have the potatoes not intersecting, I cannot use the plan effector anymore, to bring them back one by one.

Many thanks!

Return to posts index

Cassius Marques
Re: Adding plain effector to a cloner with dynamics
on Feb 10, 2015 at 7:11:53 pm

When you make it editable, put everything inside a fracture object and it will work with every effector

Return to posts index

Adam Trachtenberg
on Feb 11, 2015 at 4:54:01 am

You can probably keep your objects in the cloner. You just need to go into the dynamics tag's Force tab and set "follow position" to a relatively high position (like 10 or higher). That allows mograph to have control over the clone's position while dynamics still maintains collision detection.

Return to posts index

Victor Camacho Guerrero
on Feb 12, 2015 at 10:52:35 am

Hey guys thanks for the reply.

Cassius, when I do editable the the cloner, in my case, only leaves one object then put the rest as instances. Weird. Then if I apply it as you said, the Plain effector transition see the whole cloner as one huge block, then it does not animate one by one the objects.

Adam, I am not sure what you mean, in theory having dynamics stop you to use mograph effectors in the cloners right?

Many thanks

Return to posts index

Cassius Marques
on Feb 12, 2015 at 7:48:25 pm

You can either pull them out of the group null or change the fracture's object mode to "explode segments & connect"

Return to posts index

Victor Camacho Guerrero
on Feb 13, 2015 at 9:43:59 am

Yes I found the way, awesome,

many thanks

Return to posts index

Temel Yaşar
on Jun 8, 2016 at 5:18:02 pm

Thank you. This solved my problem involving using effectors and dynamics together. I could have never guessed this.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]