MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Cloner, Radom and those Darn Textures

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tom Dempsey
Cloner, Radom and those Darn Textures
on Feb 5, 2015 at 3:17:56 pm

Hello and thanks in advance for anyone willing to help on this issue. I have gone through web searches
and tutorials and have yet to find a suitable answer to this newbie problem. I'm setting up a grid array with the cloner of 4x4x4 cubes. I'm using a rigid body tag on the cloner to drop the cubes onto a floor. all works well on that front. However, ultimately i would like to have a different photo on each face of every cube.
is this possible? i don't mind if it's time consuming. just something that works.

Best,
tomd

tom dempsey

Return to posts index

Cassius Marques
Re: Cloner, Radom and those Darn Textures
on Feb 5, 2015 at 3:51:45 pm

Do you know how to put one photo on each face of a single cube?

If you do, just keep duplicating the materials, changing the photos and duplicating the cubes inside the cloner and adding the materials to them... you don't have to clone a single cube, the cloner object can have several cubes inside it...

Return to posts index

Tom Dempsey
on Feb 5, 2015 at 4:11:28 pm

Hi Cassius,

Thanks for the suggestion. I would like to ask if this would make a difference. I would like a cube
that has the same photo on all six sides. Then, the cubes all rotate individually to reveal a different photo on all sides.

much appreciated,

tomd

tom dempsey

Return to posts index

Cassius Marques
on Feb 6, 2015 at 11:30:21 am

Its all the same, just change, apply and animate the materials as they rotate (use the alpha channel).

Return to posts index

Tom Dempsey
on Feb 6, 2015 at 3:29:54 pm

Excellent! Thanks so much for the help.

best

tomd

tom dempsey

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]