MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Transparency Issue on Save

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Shawn Turner
Transparency Issue on Save
on Feb 4, 2015 at 7:46:26 pm

I am fairly new at Cinema 4D - but learning more everyday. One thing I don't understand, is why an file will not render correctly (with transparency) if the animation starts with the object out of view from the camera.

I tried saving this file multiple times, but each time it had a black background. I couldn't figure out why, until I noticed that certain PNG files in the sequence had a black background in the folder, others were white.

Once I moved the object slightly onto the view of the camera, it saved no problem with proper transparency.

I guess my question is, why is this the case? I can see that for obvious reasons those frames are relatively useless from some points of view, but during my animation, the 'rotor' spins, and 2 frames in the first 30 frames the 'rotor' is not on the screen (due to a flat edge on the rotor) Those frames (on save) show up with a black background - unless I move the entire rotor up into full view of the camera - meaning the animation starts with the rotor in view. I was trying to start this animation with nothing in view and that is where I encountered this problem.
Anyone encountered this?

Thanks
Shawn

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
Re: Transparency Issue on Save
on Feb 5, 2015 at 2:21:39 am

it sounds like you are talking about Alpha rather than Transparency, is that right?

Return to posts index

Shawn Turner
on Feb 5, 2015 at 2:07:43 pm

Brian,
My apologies, Yes. Alpha is what I meant.

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
on Feb 5, 2015 at 2:43:40 pm

if you have alpha checked off in the render settings it should work. Try TIFF(PSD Layers) instead of PNG it has a real alpha channel rather than the png which just uses the "nothing in the layer" method - which is why some of your thumbnails look different (I think)

Return to posts index

Shawn Turner
on Feb 5, 2015 at 2:46:12 pm

Hey Brian,
sounds like something I should try today. As I had said, I got it to work by shifting the object into the camera viewport, but that didn't really solve the issue, it skirted it. I will let you know my results.

Thanks for the input!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]