MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Lamp that lights up a room

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andrea FerrandoLamp that lights up a room
by on Feb 2, 2015 at 6:10:36 pm

Hi,
I want to make a room and some kind of a lamp, but I don't want to use a light. So I made a pipe and created a material with the luminance channel, but the pipe doesn't light up the room, it's simply bright. I also tried to check the IG area option but it doesn't work. How can I make a lamp that lights up the room as it happens in reality?
Hope you'll understand.

Return to posts index

Brian JonesRe: Lamp that lights up a room
by on Feb 2, 2015 at 7:47:51 pm

GI should work unless you have C4D Lite - can you post the scene file?

Return to posts index

Andrea FerrandoRe: Lamp that lights up a room
by on Feb 3, 2015 at 6:41:37 am

I'm sorry but I'm a new one here. I think I uploaded the project file but I don't know how to make you see it. When I uploaded the file there was a link. What am I supposed to do?
Thanks

Return to posts index

Brian JonesRe: Lamp that lights up a room
by on Feb 3, 2015 at 3:50:27 pm
Last Edited By Brian Jones on Feb 3, 2015 at 5:23:07 pm

usually you copy the link and paste it back in the message, but if we click on your name it shows your posts and files so I was able to get it that way.
That's way too small an object to light that room with normal settings, I had to crank the texture to 1000% Intensity and 1000% Intensity in the Illumination GI settings. Try Interior High Diffuse Depth for a GI setting.
It also helps a lot to put a texture (even the default one)on all the other objects - the GI shows much better.
Really you should use a light in there and use GI just to get it to bounce the light (or if you have a lot of render power use Reflectance in the textures on everything else).

Return to posts index

by on Feb 3, 2015 at 5:45:00 pm

The main problem is that I can't use global illumination because there are too many settings. I can do what you said but I can't set GI properly, so the result won't be as I expected.
Thanks anyway :)

Return to posts index

by on Feb 3, 2015 at 6:00:05 pm

Sorry, how stupid am I!! I didn't see that you suggested me a GI setting! It works very well!
Thank you very much :)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]