MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

How to control the exact amount of vertices for a spline?

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bengt Bengtsson
How to control the exact amount of vertices for a spline?
on Feb 2, 2015 at 8:32:48 am

Hello I need to control the exact amount of vertices on a spline because I shall later on transform it to g-code to control a cnc camera control system as I will use when I do stop motion videos. Every vertex will be a position for the camera. So if I want the camera to orbit 360 degree around an object for 10 seconds I need to know that the helix have exactly 240 vertices. Is this possible in an easy way in cinema 4d or other software if you know any? The ideal way would be like when you chose how many segments an sphere shall have but instead for the helix spline.

best regards: Bengt

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
Re: How to control the exact amount of vertices for a spline?
on Feb 2, 2015 at 9:02:55 pm

in a Helix that's what Subdivision is for (in the Helix/Object tab) you get that many segments. the default of 100 gives 100 segments and 101 vertexes

Return to posts index

Bengt Bengtsson
Re: How to control the exact amount of vertices for a spline?
on Feb 3, 2015 at 10:08:20 am
Last Edited By Bengt Bengtsson on Feb 3, 2015 at 5:30:51 pm

OK, yes that solved the problem! Thanks a lot! Well here comes a new question in the same topic. If I add a target camera to the helix spline and animate it so it orbit 360 degrees around the object in the middle of the helix. Then I can see how the rotation coordinates for the camera is changing when it orbits. I now need to connect this information to vertices in some kind of line and there after export it to g-code. I cant use the timeline in this case because the camera is a target camera so it rotates automatic and therefore wont appear in the timeline. I know that aftereffects can handle this kind of situations, like connect a function to a changing value with a pickwip or so but is this possible in cinema 4D?

Or if it is possible to transform the values directly to a txt-file.

best regards: Bengt

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]