MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Mograph Driving me insane (in the membrain)

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nicholas J. RalphMograph Driving me insane (in the membrain)
by on Jan 29, 2015 at 4:29:10 pm

Hi All. I'm using Cinema 4D r16 and can't quite figure out what to do to solve a problem. I am not expert with mograph and I'm getting more and more confused as different tutorials apply to different versions.

I need to create a clip of multiple apple tablets falling out of a cocktail shaker into a cocktail glass. I have all the models i need - but what i thought would be a simple physics simulation isn't working correctly at all.

so i figured i'd clone the tablet so i have about 30 of them. then set the shaker into a stationary position )over a cocktail glass) so gravity would let the minature tablets naturally fall out of the shaker into the glass below it.

so far so good. except they explode everywhere as soon as i put them inside the cocktail shaker. and that happens whether i have 20 or 1 of them. clearly they don't like being inside the shaker. i have applied rigid bodies to everything except the floor - which i have turned into a collider body.

Help understating tags (and how to get the desired result with mograph) gratefully appreciated..

:)

Return to posts index

Tim ShetzRe: Mograph Driving me insane (in the membrain)
by on Jan 29, 2015 at 6:37:22 pm

On your rigid body tags, on the collision tab, what do you have Shape set to?

Tim Shetz
c4dtraining.com

Return to posts index

Nicholas J. RalphRe: Mograph Driving me insane (in the membrain)
by on Jan 29, 2015 at 11:15:18 pm

HI thanks for your reply..

shape set to automatic..... what would be the best setting to get things working inside another object?

Return to posts index

Nicholas J. RalphRe: Mograph Driving me insane (in the membrain)
by on Jan 30, 2015 at 11:08:07 am

Really pulling my hair out with this one.

Changed the shape to Static Mesh which works if i put a cube into a cloner object and apply a rigid body... everything works as it should. Great...! :)

BUT!!

So i build a very simple tablet with a screen, put it in a cloner object and apply the same tag as the cube above - and it doesn't work. Just drops straight through the floor - ignoring all other objects with simulation tags in the scene.

Why?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]