MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Scaling down a model issue

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
James PiersonScaling down a model issue
by on Jan 27, 2015 at 8:21:08 pm

I created a landscape and road scene in one cinema 4d project and modeled a car in another project. I then copied across the car into the landscape/road scene.

The car is way to big for the scene, so I shrink it down with the scale tool. I shrink it down to 10%, but its still to big, so having let go of the scale tool I then begin to scale it down again, it now starts scaling from the 'new' 100% (which is the 10% of the original size) - When I eventually get it to my desired size, the geometry of the car is all messed up. It seems to mess up if you scale down more then 100%.

Is there anyway to scale something down to 150% of its original size?

Or anyway of telling c4d (once the car is down to 10% of its original size) that this is its new 100% and continue to shrink it? Kinda like how vector shapes work in illustrator or flash?

Return to posts index

Jim ScottRe: Scaling down a model issue
by on Jan 28, 2015 at 3:51:55 pm

Perhaps some of the real C4D experts can chime in too, but have you tried adjusting the Project Scale (Command-D to bring up Project Settings) of your car model project, and then copying and pasting the re-scaled model into your landscape project?

When I tried scaling a sample car model I had no trouble doing what you were trying to do, but there may be issues with different types of models that I am unaware of, and are the cause of your problems.

Hope this helps.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved