MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Caustics Rendering Problem

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Anthony NguyenCaustics Rendering Problem
by on Jan 25, 2015 at 12:50:24 am

Hi everyone!
I'm a fairly new user to Cinema 4D (been using it for around 3 weeks) and I am having some trouble with a project of mine that uses Caustics. I made a disco ball that has lights directed towards it and the ball is reflecting that light onto the walls with Caustics. When I render my project through the "Render View" everything looks exactly how I want it to look. However, as soon as I begin to render the finished animation via "Render to Picture Viewer" the Caustics reflection is no longer shown! In my Render Settings I have "Caustics" checked on. Does anyone know why this is happening? I'm starting to get extremely frustrated and I have a feeling the solution is probably something simple..

Return to posts index

Brian JonesRe: Caustics Rendering Problem
by on Jan 25, 2015 at 6:22:40 pm

if caustics is on in the lights, the material (and the material is reflective) and in the render settings it should work so unless you have something that changes the geometry at render time (i.e.. SubD Surface settings are different in viewport and render).... try searching for "Troubleshooting Surface Caustics" in the Help.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved