MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Finding textures

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jack Cook
Finding textures
on Jan 23, 2015 at 9:28:42 pm

I'm having trouble understanding how C4D uses or stores textures. I'm using ver. 16, and have been using Cinema since ver. 4, so I know how to make a "tex" folder and put textures in it and keep it with the Cinema file so things will render later. But the problem I have now (and have had since ver. 14 or earlier) is in using the materials available in the presets in the Content Browser. I can go into the Browser and load up the presets for Studio (which is what I am using), Broadcast, Visualize, etc., and there are materials and textures in them that supposedly can be used, but when I use them I get a message asking me to load a texture into a channel in the material. The problem seems to be that these textures don't seem to exist. When I click the Load Texture button it wants me to go into my computer and find the texture that's missing, but it can't be found anywhere. How can I use these textures in the presets in the Browser? I've just loaded up a scene I made last year in ver. 14, and it had a rust material in it. It was missing a texture called "G005.tif" and told me it was in the Visualize presets in the browser in Materials/Metal/tex. But there is no such texture there. I've even searched my hard drive for it, but it does not exist. How do I deal with this?

Sorry if this is a very basic question that I should know the answer to, but for the life of me I can't figure it out. Help is appreciated!

thanks,
Jack

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
Re: Finding textures
on Jan 24, 2015 at 9:08:52 pm

not all the versions of C4D have had identical preset collections so if you used one in an old file it might not be there anymore in later versions (though with Studio you have all the presets and sometimes you can find it's match moved to another set). Those preset files are stored inside the .lib4d files that are in Maxon/C4D R(whatever)/Library/browser - you can't get into to them directly but if you save "with assets" any images get stored in the tex folder that gets saved then. Open it in 14 and do a Save Project with Assets.

Return to posts index

Jack Cook
Re: Finding textures
on Jan 26, 2015 at 2:43:01 pm

Thanks, Brian, that's good info to know.

Jack

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]