MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

animated 3d printer

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Maria Valente
animated 3d printer
on Jan 23, 2015 at 11:12:05 am

Hello There! I am trying to animate a 3d printer movement as shown in the image, there are 3 axis and as the printer head moves I would like to structure to adapt.

Could someone help me animating it? Should I rig it and if so how do I set it up?
The model of the 3d printer is attached.

8433_3dprintermodel.c4d.zip

Any help would be great!

Marilu

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
Re: animated 3d printer
on Jan 24, 2015 at 4:18:02 am

you don't need a rig you just need some xpresso to connect the movements together and some setup to make it work.

I rotated all the objects axis (don't know where the model came from but the program probably has Y and Z reverse from C4D) - easy to do -not absolutely necessary but the xpresso is going to be easier if Y and Z plug into each other (the target null (see below) could be rotated to match but I prefer to have objects aligned with C4D's world if possible). Put some of the objects in the movement arms into the print head (which was called target) because they needed to be there. Put all the parts into a Null I named Printer so the whole printer can be moved as one. Created a new Null called Target which is what all the other parts (the arms, the up/down rack, the print head) will follow.
Aligned all the parts parent nulls to the target null so no additional calculations had to be made - basically the target null it at the tip of the print head and all the parts parent nulls are there too.
Added xpresso to pass the X/Y/Z from the Target to the parts that need it - the print head gets all three as it moves in all three directions - the rack only gets Y as it only goes up and down - the arms get X or Z depending on the arm. Clamp Nodes limit the motion in any one direction so the parts stay within the printer (and the target gets included so it can't move past those limits either)

8443_3dprintermodel.c4d.zip

Return to posts index

Jim Scott
Bravo Brian
on Jan 25, 2015 at 11:53:27 pm

Brian,

It was extremely kind of you to set that up for Maria. Just another great example of the generosity that is such a big part of the COW. I'm sure she will appreciate it.

Return to posts index

Maria Valente
Re: Bravo Brian
on Jan 26, 2015 at 10:04:49 am

I indeed really appreciate it, there are such great people out there!

Marilu

Return to posts index

Maria Valente
Re: animated 3d printer
on Jan 26, 2015 at 9:59:48 am

Hello Brian! THANK YOU SO MUCH for setting this up, it's amazing! I cannot thank you enough, I have a big deadline coming and you saved me!
All the Best,

Marilu
http://www.merged-vertices.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]