MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

xpresso / data type - link / dynamically linking an object through user data link input

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ryan Uhrich
xpresso / data type - link / dynamically linking an object through user data link input
on Jan 21, 2015 at 7:47:15 pm

Does anyone know how to dynamically link an object through the user data link input. I've managed to get it to work using an instance object however that only will work for basic properties of the object (ie, position, rotation, scale). I want to have an expresso set up that is waiting for a link (to an object's subdivisions) through the input box I've set up in the user data. Anyone have any thoughts?

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/6542717/temp/xpresso_userdata_link_setu...

Thanks!
Ryan

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
Re: xpresso / data type - link / dynamically linking an object through user data link input
on Jan 22, 2015 at 2:34:41 am

in your example you are using Object as an in port of the Empty Instance node, which is really an Object node, so you are just linking which object is going to spin.
If you remove (or ignore) the Object input port and add a Reference Object input port from 'Empty Instance/Object Properties' you can connect your Load Object port to that.

Return to posts index

Ryan Uhrich
Re: xpresso / data type - link / dynamically linking an object through user data link input
on Jan 22, 2015 at 3:01:24 am

Thanks Brian!

// Ryan Uhrich

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]