MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Different renders when using Net Render vs Local

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Goldberg
Different renders when using Net Render vs Local
on Jan 19, 2015 at 3:49:29 pm

Hi All,
I came across a strange thing on my current project. I've been using Net Render over Team Render (had a lot to do with me not being local). I've rendered a bunch of scenes and occasionally rendered them locally due to availability of our render servers. I've noticed a substantial difference in the final render when rendered locally. I was wondering if anyone has seen this, and can give me an idea of - a)what's causing it, and b) How do work around it?
C4D Studio V15, Net Render V13 (I've been using Net 13 for about a year since updating to V15, and never ran into any problems)

LOCAL

NET RENDER

Project File:

8416_scene12testing.zip

Return to posts index

Adam Trachtenberg
Re: Different renders when using Net Render vs Local
on Jan 19, 2015 at 11:14:41 pm

It's generally a bad idea to use difference C4D/NET versions -- especially if your NETR is older than the C4D version you used to create the scene. Some things aren't backward compatible.

Return to posts index

Michael Goldberg
on Jan 20, 2015 at 1:11:59 pm

Hi,
Yeah, I hear you. I've been using this method for about a year since we started using V15. I had some issues with VPN and Team Render. I did some tests yesterday, and I'm trying to eliminate other factors. For example. I was rendering to H264, and when I rendered to Animation compressor, there was a definite difference (or should I say the difference between that render and the local render was less). I'll do some more tests, and see if I can't find anything else out.

Mike

Return to posts index

Michael Goldberg
on Feb 15, 2015 at 4:55:27 am

Hi,
For anyone interested, I thought I'd follow up on this topic.
We can't use Team Render right now because it doesn't work with stereoscopic cameras. So I was back to figuring out the color shift between V13 Net renders of V15 files.
It's actually pretty simple -
In V15, Specular and Specular Color were combined into 1 channel.
When I opened the V15 file in V13, I saw that the Noise shader that was limiting the specular in V15 was loaded into the specular color in V13. This channel was turned off. So, when I turned that on in V13, the renders looked identical. I guess I've got a workaround.

Mike

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]