MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

adding glow to a cheen shader?

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Scott Mills
adding glow to a cheen shader?
on Jan 16, 2015 at 4:38:01 am

So hopefully this is simple, but I can't find anything online

I want my object to glow. It has a cheen shader which does not have a glow option(why?). I've tried to replicate it with a normal material, but to no avail. Is there a way to add glow to any object or material? I really don't get why shaders don't have the same basic options as a normal material...

Thanks in advance,

-Scott

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
Re: adding glow to a cheen shader?
on Jan 18, 2015 at 7:58:42 pm

Cheen does not have glow because it's not a standard shader, it's from an old 3rd party set of shaders that was incorporated into C4D in v7 or v8.
You can still get it to glow with the Glow render effect

Return to posts index

Scott Mills
on Jan 19, 2015 at 5:00:18 am

Hey thanks. I tried googling your words, but that yields nothing. And this magical option is...? I'm in R16

Thanks!

Incidentally, I recommend getting in the habit of directing people to where people can find the menus for you suggestions so you don't have to reply twice. I found this to be incredibly consistent while I was learning the program that more often than not people would just say "Do this easy thing!", but not say where it is in a program with 380 menus and people would have to wait a second time for assistance.

Return to posts index

Adam Trachtenberg
on Jan 19, 2015 at 11:18:53 pm

Render Settings>Effect>Glow

Return to posts index

Scott Mills
on Jan 20, 2015 at 12:32:03 am

Heh, yeah I would have never thought to look there. Oh wow, you can set up multiples to different object ID's and so many options!

Thanks, you guys are the best!

-Scott

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]