MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Importing PSD files into a Cinema 4D scene.

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Javier LopezImporting PSD files into a Cinema 4D scene.
by on Jan 13, 2015 at 2:24:12 am

Hello,

I am working on a Cinema 4D scene and I have several pictures in PSD format, the pictures are from objects that I want to include on the scene, so I had deleted the elements that I don't want from the picture leaving transparency around the object resulting on a PSD file, now I had created a plane in the C4D scene and a new material with the PSD file in the transparency channel, but when I render the edges of the plane are present creating a shadow around the plane itself, any advise on this issue?. Please take a look at the following picture.

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Brian JonesRe: Importing PSD files into a Cinema 4D scene.
by on Jan 13, 2015 at 3:11:30 am

you want to use the Alpha channel instead. Load your image in the Color channel and the Alpha channel

Return to posts index

Javier LopezRe: Importing PSD files into a Cinema 4D scene.
by on Jan 13, 2015 at 3:44:37 pm

Hello Brian,

Thanks for the help, I had tried what su suggest but still having the problem, I found out that the whole situation is the plane reacting to the ambient occlusion, even when the plane is invisible and just the picture is visible, is there a way to have the picture interact with he ambient occlusion? or since the picture is in the plane there ir no way to avoid it?.

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Brian JonesRe: Importing PSD files into a Cinema 4D scene.
by on Jan 13, 2015 at 4:11:01 pm

you can exclude the plane from AO by adding a Compositing tag to the plane and unchecking Seen by AO

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]