MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Serious alpha problem

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Syed Iqbal
Serious alpha problem
on Jan 7, 2015 at 4:41:02 pm

Hi Guys
Tried lots of variations in my material with transparency but could not get rid of this water reflection. The PNG I am using has just green flag but the rendered image (attached) gives me this water reflection.

Any suggestions?
Syed

Return to posts index

Adam Trachtenberg
Re: Serious alpha problem
on Jan 7, 2015 at 4:47:47 pm

I think what you're seeing is not a reflection but rather the inside of the ship. Can you show a screenshot of your object manager?

Return to posts index

Syed Iqbal
on Jan 7, 2015 at 5:01:06 pm

Hi Adam
Thanks for your prompt response. Attached are 2 images that I believe could clarify it a bit.

Return to posts index

Adam Trachtenberg
on Jan 7, 2015 at 5:56:58 pm

Did you apply the alpha material with a polygon selection? If so, that's your problem.

Return to posts index

Syed Iqbal
on Jan 7, 2015 at 6:43:59 pm

Actually I tried both options, on polygon selection and on overall outer body of ship by controlling the u v coordinates without tiling.
Any advice?

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
on Jan 7, 2015 at 7:24:07 pm

if mix textures is on for that texture it should be off (probably is) and the base paint should be on that selection as well or you will get only the alpha texture making a hole

Return to posts index

Adam Trachtenberg
on Jan 7, 2015 at 7:27:42 pm

Don't use a poly selection tag. That will make it the only texture on those polygons (hence seeing inside the ship). I would make sure the texture tag is right-most in the list, use flat mapping, and then use Texture Mode (icon below polygons mode) to move/scale/rotate the texture into position. If you're using R15 or 16 enable the Axis Modification icon when manipulating the UVs.

Return to posts index

Syed Iqbal
on Jan 8, 2015 at 3:31:42 pm

Thanks Adam and Brian. I will follow your valuable tips.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]