MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Textures from an image list.

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Simon Jones
Textures from an image list.
on Jan 4, 2015 at 4:54:57 pm

I have a series of elements that i need to create with a number based texture 1,2,3,4 - 90, 91 etc.

In 3ds max i would have used and .ifl file which is a list of texture names and a number to specify how many frames to hold the texture for e.g

number_01.png 10
number_02.png 10

and so on.

My question is, is there a way of doing this within cinema4d? One way round is to generate an animation that has all the specified numbers at the set number of frames but this means if a change is required (which is always very likely) it's more work.

Thanks in advance for any help.

it's all about the X and the Y

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
Re: Textures from an image list.
on Jan 5, 2015 at 3:01:26 am
Last Edited By Brian Jones on Jan 5, 2015 at 3:02:28 am

if they are named in a sequence, like in your example, C4D will treat it as an animation and you can hit the Calculate button in the Bitmap Shader dialog (click on the name of the first image when you load it in). Then just change the Movie Frame Rate - for your example 10 frames per image assuming 30 FPS set it to a frame rate of 3. That\'s all good if you want a consistent number of frames per image, if you wanted some uneven spacing I can only think of actually keyframing the images... ah, you could probably also do it with xpresso

Return to posts index

Simon Jones
Re: Textures from an image list.
on Jan 5, 2015 at 1:43:22 pm

Thank you for your suggestion Brian very much appreciated I'll give this a try.

it's all about the X and the Y

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]