MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Jittery noise texture on diffuse channel

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
PJ PalomakiJittery noise texture on diffuse channel
by on Jan 3, 2015 at 11:36:36 am
Last Edited By PJ Palomaki on Jan 3, 2015 at 3:23:11 pm

I'm working on a low-poly style animation with big text and I've used noise as the texture for the diffuse channel for the text to create a papery effect. I created the text originally with MoText and made it editable, then applying displacer and polygon reducer to create the low-poly look (see the screenshot). The problem I'm having is that the noise texture keeps animating, i.e. noise is different in each frame. I'm using UVW Mapping so I get the look I want and have tried locking the UVW, using the Stick Texture tag but nothing seems to work.

Both the camera and the text is slowly animating so I assume that's the issue but is there a way to 'fix' the noise texture so that it doesn't change? Animation Speed is set to 0 in the noise settings.

Here's a project file with the text, render preview and see what I mean..

Freelance Cinematographer, Camera Op, Video Editor and Motion Graphics Designer

Return to posts index

Brian JonesRe: Jittery noise texture on diffuse channel
by on Jan 3, 2015 at 8:58:21 pm

your noise is not animated - try increasing the Global Scale to 10% and re-rendering, not the look you want but you can see it's not animated. It's caused by the noise being smaller than the pixels so from frame to frame as they animate (particularly slow animation) it looks like you get a change of pattern that's really not there. I think you have to increase the size of the noise to find the sweet spot where it's small enough for your look but large enough to not moiré...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved