MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Alpha / transparency work´s and then stops working -why?

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Margarita GöbelAlpha / transparency work´s and then stops working -why?
by on Dec 27, 2014 at 5:05:10 pm

Hope someone can help:
I use cinema 4d lite with after effects cc.
I managed everything before actualy but now something changed or i dont know what...cinema 4d is new to me....

I have a mold of a body part and want to add a tattoo on it . Later i only want the tattoo to be rendered, so i need the shape of the body but i dont want to see the body itself, just the tattoo....

i import the body, then make a new material. and i click actualy only alpha and load in my tattoo image. THAT WORKS!
everything is how it should be: transparent BUT i need to change a litte the position of the tattoo on the body and so i go to the right window and click the material and in the menu tag i move the offset U and V and also i uncheck the tiles (kacheln) and maybe i would also change from uv mapping to flat or soon as i move a tinyest bit only one of those things the body part is not transparent anymore but gry or so... i need to keep the transparency i had before: HOW??
all that works sometimes/before but then also mainly not and i dont understand what am i missing???? if it worked before it should be fine. i watched lots of tutorials -what i want it for there are not that many good tutorials so....

what am i missing?
if you dont understand my question just let me know so you can please help me!

Return to posts index

Margarita GöbelRe: Alpha / transparency work´s and then stops working -why?
by on Dec 27, 2014 at 6:04:38 pm

ha..i wanted to show you a screenshot but then finally i figured out myself ..of course:
my image for the alpha was just not big enough covering all of the body. so i made a white picture and add that for a new material underneath the tattoo tex and because the white image is covering all the body everything is transparent now apart from the tattoo...worked! thats why sometimes t worked and then not. i had different tattoos in different sizes....

thanks anyway!!
hope i help someone with my own answer!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved