MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Clothes and Hair Modelling Advice?

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
alec iselinClothes and Hair Modelling Advice?
by on Dec 25, 2014 at 5:28:58 am

Hi everyone,

So I'm starting to model some characters but as I start to flesh out the base mesh. I'm starting to have a lot of questions that I want to clarify before I go any further.

My style isn't photo-realistic either. I'm going for a Star Wars Clone Wars series style, Or videogameish just plus more details. So with that in mind;

First bit of confusion is with the clothes. I know that I want to use clothide tags, but I'm not sure if I am supposed to model the body underneath the cloths. Or do I model the clothes as a part of the body and then separate them after and just leave nothing underneath them. Specifically with the legs, I plan to put shorts on the character and they won't move around that much, but they're not meant to be skin tight either.

And then also with the hair, If I'm going to model the hair instead of using the hair tag, would I model the hair as a separate model from the character. Or is there some reason i would want it to be the same mesh?

I guess I'm just not totally sure of what meshes need to be attached to one another, and the exact workings of the clothide sim.

I know this is a pretty big topic, and I'll just have to figure it out by doing, but I hope someone can clarify it just a little bit. Thanks

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved