MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Material problem?

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Simon HuangMaterial problem?
by on Dec 24, 2014 at 6:11:49 am
Last Edited By Simon Huang on Dec 24, 2014 at 6:40:47 am

Hi, in Cinema 4d i have added a texture to the model and i also want to add a material to it. But when i create a (yellow) material and drag it onto the model, it covers the entire model, hiding all of the texutres. How do i retain the textures just like in keyshot,so that both the material and texture are retained? If my problem is confusing, i will upload some pics.

Thanks

Return to posts index

Adam TrachtenbergRe: Material problem?
by on Dec 24, 2014 at 5:37:17 pm

If you tick the "mix textures" box in the yellow material's texture tag the yellow will be added to the underlying textures. If you want more control you can use the yellow material's alpha channel.

Return to posts index

Simon HuangRe: Material problem?
by on Jan 5, 2015 at 2:26:30 am
Last Edited By Simon Huang on Jan 5, 2015 at 6:31:05 am

Thanks for your reply and sorry for my late reply. "Mix textures" is already turned on, but it doesn't work. Loading a bitmap into the bump slot works abit.However, adding a vraylight and hdri environment eliminated part of the problem, which gives the metallic look. However, with the vraylight turned on, i can't seem to render it in alpha channel.

If it doesn't work, i am willing to send my project :)

Return to posts index

Adam TrachtenbergRe: Material problem?
by on Jan 5, 2015 at 5:23:59 am

Ah, you might have mentioned that you're using VRay. If so you want to use the VRay advanced material.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]